Sunday, November 8, 2009

One Last Trip Home Before Baby B Arrives!

Nothing too new or exciting this week, which is a good thing! I had my weekly check up last week and everything is going as planned except that I am starting to feel EXTRA tired and achy all the time. I think I now have the pregnancy waddle down to a tee:) I also started having more Brax and Hicks contractions(spelling?), which freaks me out! I thought I was going into preterm labor while in St. Louis on Friday, which shows my lack of experience in the whole birthing process! My sisters just laughed at me and said get used to it, just drink more water:) Thank goodness I have them to talk too, otherwise the emergency nurse hotline may be sick of me by now!

Speaking of being in St. Louis, I had one last trip home before Baby B arrives! I attended the national convention for Gifted Education on Friday and Saturday with 9 other teachers from my school district. Needless to say, I was exhausted mentally and physically by Saturday afternoon and the beautiful weather was calling my name! So I skipped out a little early and headed out to my parents for a family BBQ. It was so much fun to hang out with my 6 darling nieces and nephews, I think they were preparing me for parenthood and I loved every minute of it! Although I think my nephew Alec wished Adam would have been with me! He was a bit disappointed that his favorite uncle didn't make the trip with me!

Adam stayed in Indy and finished more of his "honey do" list:) Although, he did get to attend the Colts game today and I think must have worn himself out.....he is asleep on the couch next to me and it's only 9:o0!


The count down is on for December 7th! Less than a month to go until Baby B arrives! My friend Cari reminded me that December 7th is a wonderful day for all of you who live in the STL because not only will Baby B arrive but HWY 40 will FINALLY open! So December 7th is a great day for all:)

Now if only Adam and I could agree on our boy name.....my nephews Caleb and Lucas pointed out that if we go with the name Parker he may be cool like spiderman since his name is Peter Parker! Never thought of that......

Anyway, Parker or Nicholas remain our front runners for now and Olivia still stands alone for our girl name, only time will tell if one of those names will stick or if a new name will enter the race.

As always, thank you all for your continued prayers! We feel blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives and can't wait to meet our little bundle......4 weeks and counting!

No comments: