Friday, December 18, 2009

Thank You


I'm not sure how I am supposed to begin this post except to say thank you. Thank you to our family, our friends, our doctors, our amazing nurses, and most importantly thank you Olivia!

My baby girl is now in heaven and I was so fortunate to be her mommy. Adam and I have been blessed to have Olivia Elizabeth in our life for 9 1/2 days! She went to heaven at 8:44pm Wednesday night. Although it was not easy to let her go, Adam and I both knew it was the right decision and we thank Olivia for that.

Even though our story has not been what we hoped or dreamed for our baby girl, it has been an honor to know and love her. Olivia taught me so much in the short time I had with her and I know her daddy feels the same way. Olivia taught me what it means to love so much it hurts, to be patient, more caring and hopefully become a better person. In short, she is and always will be my miracle.

Adam and I know that Olivia will continue to bless her mommy and daddy along with all of you who have loved her and followed her story. We thank you for your continued love, support and prayers. I know Olivia has touched many lives and will continue to live on in all of us.

A lot of people have been asking how they can help honor Olivia and if we will have a memorial or service. To be honest, Adam and I are unsure what our plans are, but we know Olivia will continue to guide us in the right direction during this difficult time. As soon as we know what feels right, we will let you know. For now, enjoy pictures of our beautiful angel Olivia and remember to take time to slow down and love your families this holiday season.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi and Adam
I am so sorry for your loss. We are sending all of our love and prayers to all of you.

Rebecca, Andy and Laney Mohler

Vickie Waller said...

What a beautiful angel she is and will continue to be! Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Adam and Jodi,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Olivia is beautiful and she is now watching over you during this difficult time. I sent a little prayer up to my baby cousin, Lily, to be her heavenly friend. They are our little angels.

Katie Lyman

Anonymous said...

Jodi & Adam,
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. You are so blessed to have known Olivia, she is an angel!

Cindy (Osterholt) Orf

Anonymous said...

Jodi and Adam,
We are thinking and praying for you and your beautiful daughter Olivia.

Resa and Rick Osterholt

lea bender said...

Dear sweet Jodi and Adam,

Bear, Christian, Lea Lea and I are so very, very sorry to learn of your loss of beautiful Olivia. What an icredibly lucky girl to have the two of you as parents and what an incredible example of inspiration, strength and faith the three of you have been for everyone who knows and loves you. We will continue to keep the three of you in our thoughts and prayers as we know your sweet, angelic daughter watches over you.

With love and sadness,
Lea Bender