Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Kick.....

It's been a another busy week here with the Burns' Bunch. Adam officially finished the painting and putting up the chair rail in the baby's room and with the help of his bro, Justin, put the crib together! I promise pix will come as soon as I get my camera back and paparazzi will be back in action:)

School is going well for me, but busy as ever! On Friday, a little boy was letting everyone at recess know he was alergic to me because I was preganant, I shrugged it off as a typical 2nd grade boy comment. Come to find out, he had 5th's Disease. This basically is a rash on your skin that usually isn't a big deal at all...that is unless you are preganant! From what I understand, it is more of a concern if you are in your first trimester, so now that I am well into my second trimester and surely have been exposed to it before ( being a teacher and all) I thought no big deal, but better to be safe than sorry! So Friday afternoon I went in for a blood test ( my veins are getting good at these) just to double check that everything is ok, I will keep you all posted, but like I said I'm sure it's no biggy, just another adventure to add to our list:)


This weekend, Justin and Sue came to visit and we had a great time catching up. We went to Octoberfest and ate some yummy food and beers(well no beer for me). As Justin put it
"Pretzels and beer the size of your head, what more could you want"!

On an exciting note....Baby B had some powerful kicks while Adam and I were at church tonight. I've been waiting for Adam to be able to feel our baby and tonight he did! Such a cool and special moment to experience.

All in all, we've had a great week! I am heading to North Carolina for my cousins' wedding next weekend and Adam is looking forward to a guys weekend here. We'll continue to keep everyone posted on the Burns' Bunch and I will post some pix asap!

As always, thank you for all your postive thoughts and prayers!

No comments: