Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our New Addition

Adam and I brought home our new addition, Riley, last month. Our chocolate lab puppy has kept us quite busy, but we are loving him! He has also helped Adam and I get our booties back in shape considering we need to walk him about 4 times a day to get all his energy out! I am starting to run with him...but we both wear out after about a mile, our goal this summer is to be able to run a 5K....we shall see! Between the holes in our clothes, ruined shoes, nips on our hands, arms and legs...we have decided puppy school is a must...so that begins this summer too! However, I will say that Mr. Riley has been house trained and it only took a month...so proud! Riley is so much fun and I'm excited to spend my summer with him...as my secretary said...my teaching skills will be tested this summer as I attempt to train Riley...I will keep you posted!

Ok...enough about our puppy (can you tell we are obessed with him) summmer has arrived and I am looking forward to enjoying some quality down time with my family, friends and of course Riley.  It was quite a year, but it ended on a high note...my school nominated me for Teacher of the Year at my school (which was a huge honor itself) but it didn't stop there...I was awarded the District Teacher of the Year much to my surprise! I work with so many amazing teachers, I was in total shock when my name was announced. I am truely humbled and still quite shocked! My class was so cute and so proud of me...they were the reason I decided to come back to work this winter, they were my inspiration and such a great group of kiddos!

So life is starting to give us more ups than downs and Adam and I are continuing to find peace in knowing that our angel is watching over us and blessing us each day! This summer we are looking forward to traveling to see our family and friends who have given us so much love and suporrt this year!

As always, we thank you for your continued thoughts, prayers and support! Riley needs a walk...so I guess that's all for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Riley pictures! He is such a sweetie, and it was so cute to see him running around at school last week. Enjoy the summer runs with him!

Megan